If you need a headset to use at work, Bose's QuietComfort Ultra Gen II and the Sony WH-1000XM6 are undoubtedly good choices. I prefer the Bose because of its comfort and sound quality, and it is the headset I use while traveling.
But I found out recently that there is a better choice: Jabra's Evolve3 85. It is positioned as a work headset, but it does so much more; I used it for the better part of three months now, and I'm convinced that it is better than what Bose and Sony have to offer. Coming in at $475, it is on the higher end of the scale, but it has meaningful advantages over its immediate rivals.

Let's start with the design. The Evolve3 85 is the lightest headset in its category at 220g, and I immediately noticed the difference. Bose and Sony's headsets are at least 30g heavier, and switching between the QC Ultra Gen II and the Evolve3 85, it's clear that Jabra nailed the comfort. The lightweight design ensures you get a fit that doesn't lead to any fatigue even with all-day use.
The ear cushions have a breathable design, and that extends to the headband as well. Build quality is great, and while it is light, you never get a feeling that it is flimsy — it's built to last. Another positive is the case; the headset folds flat and fits snugly into the bundled case, which is significantly smaller than what you get with Bose and Sony. This is a big deal in and of itself, as the Evolve3 85 doesn't take up anywhere as much room in your bag.




I also like the connectivity on offer. The Evolve3 85 uses Bluetooth 5.3, and I didn't see any issues pairing the headset with my Pixel 11 Pro XL, Find X9 Ultra, X9 Pro, Galaxy Z Fold 8 Ultra, iPhone 17 Pro, or the iPad Pro M4. It has Fast Pair, so it's about as easy to connect it to an Android device. There's also USB-C and 3.5mm connectivity if you want to plug the headset in, and my favorite inclusion is a USB-C receiver that lets me use the headset with my Windows machine.
I don't like using Bluetooth with Windows; my Gigabyte motherboard has a Bluetooth modem that's built clearly as an afterthought, because it is flaky at the best of times. As such, the convenience of being able to use a receiver to connect the headset with Windows is just great, and I like that Jabra went with USB-C. You also get USB-C and 3.5mm cables in the box, and I like the attention to detail that the brand lavished when it comes to connectivity.




Connectivity is a big part of what makes a work-related headset stand out, and the Evolve3 85 excels in this area. Oh, and you can easily change the battery itself, should you need to down the line. I like tech that's built to last, and given that batteries tend to degrade over time, they're usually the biggest point of failure in a headset, so it's good to see Jabra addressing the issue.
There are other niceties as well; Jabra's ClearVoice does a good job tuning out ambient noises when you're talking, and it holds up astonishingly well. I use NVIDIA Broadcast to do the same, but ClearVoice is a good enough alternative. On that note, it has dedicated ANC as well, and it does an effective job blocking sounds in your surroundings if you're in a meeting or outdoors. The headset pairs with whichever digital assistant you use on your phone, and there are physical controls.




Sound quality is pretty good, too. Honestly, given how much Jabra positioned this as a work headset, I didn't think it would sound as good as its rivals, but the 32mm drivers do a great job. You get a detailed sound with plenty of bass, clean mids, and a tight treble. It's obviously built for meetings, but the headset is just as effective at extended music listening sessions. In fact, the only problem is that you don't get AptX codecs — it is limited to SBC and AAC.
Another thing Jabra does well is charging tech; the Evolve3 85 includes wireless charging, and I didn't realize just how convenient this is until I used the headset — I now want all of my Bluetooth headsets to have this as standard. There's fast charging too, with a 5-minute charge delivering five hours of power. The headset lasts well over 23 hours of meetings, with regular music listening at 60 hours — double that of Bose and Sony. Basically, you'll only need to charge it once a week even if you use it all day.

You get six mics in total, and they use MEMS solid-state tech, delivering better fidelity and low distortion. I attended dozens of meetings with the Evolve3 85 over Google Meet, Zoom, and Microsoft Teams, and the headset did a brilliant job.
While the Evolve3 85 is targeted as a work headset, it is just as great to listen to music or podcasts, and the lightweight design combined with all the extra features gives it a unique advantage you just don't see in this category.

With a highly comfortable design, great sound quality, and unique features designed for meetings, the Evolve3 85 is the best work headset around.
Tidak ada komentar:
Posting Komentar